American Law Institute, elected member since 1999;
Consultative Group, Restatement of Agency, 3d;
Consultative Group, Uniform Commercial Code Articles 1 and 2;
Consultative Group, Project on International Jurisdiction and Judgments
American Bar Association Activities
Center for Professional Responsibility
- Chair, Publications Board, 1997-2001;
- Member, ABA/BNA Editorial Board, 1997-2000
- Member, Governing Board, 1997-2001;
- Member, Membership Committee, 2001-
Business Law Section
New York State Bar Association
- Chair, Corporate Counsel Committee, 1992-1996;
- Chair, Task Force on E-Mail Ethics and Confidentiality, 1996-2001;
- Advisor (ABA Alternate) to the National Counsel of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws Drafting Committee of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act, 1994-2001;
- Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Software Contracting, 2001-present;
- Vice-Chair, Subcommittee on Software Contracting, 1997-2000;
- Chair, Subcommittee on Corporate Communication, 1996-present;
- Chair, Subcommittee on Counseling the Marketing Function, 1988-92;
- Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Counseling the Marketing Function, 1985-88;
- Member, Federal Securities Law Committee
- Subcommittee on Proxies and Tender Offers, 1984-present;
- Chair, Task Force on Shrink-Wrap Licensing, 1993-4;
- Co-Chair, Task Force on Contract Formation and Warranties, 1994-2000;
- Member, Committee on Lawyer Business Ethics, 1993-present;
- Member, Section Planning and Review and Technology Committees, 1995-present;
- Member, Task Force on Conflicts of Interest, 1993-present.
Corporate Counsel of New Jersey, 1982-88, 1993-present
- Executive Committee, Business Law Section, 1996-99; 2000-present;
- Securities Regulation Committee, 1984-present;
- Committee on Internet and Technology Law,1990-present;
- Chair, 2000 (for term commencing May, 2001)
- Chair, Subcommittee on Licensing, 1996-2000;
- Chair, Subcommittee on Privacy in Electronic Communications, 1994-1996;
- Task force on Shrink-Wrap Licenses, 1991-94;
- Legislative Liaison, 1993-1995;
- SABLAW (formerly Soviet-American Banking Law Committee), 1989-2000.
- Executive Committee, 1984-88;
- Chairman, Business Law Committee, 1986-88.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 1988-present.
- Computer Law Association, 1993-present.
- Missouri Bar Association, 1967-1999
- Chairwoman, International Law Committee, 1972-73.
- City of St. Louis Bar Association, 1967-78
- Chairman, T.V. Committee, 1970-71.
1992 Moscow Conference on Banking, Moscow Academy of Political Economy, Moscow, Russia.
Frequent lecturer and panelist for Continuing Legal Education courses sponsored by the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the Practicing Law Institute and similar organizations.